Tracking involves the science of analyzing your website traffic, listening to the customer by observing behavior and improving your site. Google provides an outstanding, free analytical tool called ‘Google Analytics’.
Tracking, along with other marketing methods are a part of the growing trends in physical therapy private practice
It can be implemented instantly, and provides you with information such as:
– The number of visitors to your site each day, time of visit, navigation path through your site
– Who referred the visitors, how they found your site
– ‘Goal tracking’ – what percentage of visitors clicked through to your contact page
– At which page did a majority of visitors ‘exit’ the site (your weakest link)
– Amount of time spent by visitors on individual pages and number of pages viewed
– Ratio of new visits vs. visits from repeat individuals
– Historical data, trend analysis and page to page / website comparison
– Comparison of the performance of your emails, ad performance
– Industry wide benchmarking, e commerce analysis and much more.
This will give you a clear idea of what visitors are expecting from your product or service, and will allow you to focus more on pages that work, and modify pages that don’t.
Too many therapists waste time, money and resources on what they think instead of focusing on what they need. Ask yourself “How can I make this easier for my customers, and help them make sense of this information?”
Your website can now become your most powerful marketing tool. It’s your window to the world, so put your best content forward and track visitor behavior. The results will open new doors of communication with your patients.