“I don’t have time for this.”
One thing I hear over and over again is “I don’t have time to do this”. I get it, I know how it feels. That’s why I’d like to give you several two minute tips on how to grow your practice. Not five, six or ten tips, but twenty of them.
If you commit to implementing just ONE of these tips each day, you’ll see an avalanche of growth in your practice in a few weeks.
- Ask a patient to put in a good word for you with the referring physician
- Ask the patient “Do you know of any friends or family members who might need physical therapy?”
- Write and mail a hand written thank you greeting card to the referring physician
- Call a patient and say “Just checking in to see how you are doing”. Voicemail is ok.
- Customize your newsletter with a photo or something that gets the patients to get to know you personally
- Identify a place in your community where you can do a presentation about injury prevention / benefits of exercise
- Feature a physician in your newsletter using the ‘physician profiling principle’
- Show appreciation for a staff member by saying “You are doing a great job and I appreciate your work”
- Pick a date for a ‘patient appreciation day’ and identify a patient guestlist, possibly a couple of physicians to present
- Call a local newspaper and say “I’d like to contribute a regular column to your newspaper” (You don’t want one-off articles – you want a column)
- Identify a way to simplify or delegate something you are already doing
- Refer a patient to another business if it’s a good fit
- Call that business and say “I referred ____. If there’s ever a need for physical therapy for one of your clients, please think of me”
- Create an excel file of doctors you want to get referrals from
- Identify the top two sources of your referrals this month, and nurture and grow those sources
- Identify the two major referral sources that have dried up, and reactivate those referral sources
- Email discharged patients and offer them an incentive to come back in
- Ask a patient to text your mobile keyword to 77453 (so you can get their cellphone number in your database)
- Teach a staff member a better way to do something they are already doing or ask them how they can do the same.
- Pick a date and time for a ‘rapid fire weekly meeting’ with an agenda you define, and just two minutes for each staff member to chime in. For example “How can we make patients more punctual with their appointments?”. Great ideas emerge when creativity is inspired and voices are heard.
Have a great week!
Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT
Join us for the #1 Rated Physical Therapy Business Conference in the Country.
www.ignitionevent.com <——— Click here to secure your tickets before the price goes up.
September 23, 24, 25 in San Diego, CA.
Tickets are 65% off for a limited time.
We only have a certain amount of tickets available at this price, so
CLICK HERE TO SECURE YOUR SEAT