Let’s think outside of the box … away from the fear and confusion about ICD-10 for a moment.
Some consider ICD-10 to be the equivalent of the atomic bomb. On the contrary, it’s an essential evolution and (for some), one of the biggest opportunities to improve quality of care that will increase reimbursements in the process.
Yes, that’s right. When done correctly, ICD-10 will INCREASE revenue for physical therapy business practices.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- The increased specificity and the granularity associated with ICD-10 opens up new financial opportunities for all private practice owners.
- ICD-10 codes opened new and unprecedented opportunities to communicate with patients in targeted, segmented ways like never before.
- ICD-10, when used correctly, can benefit your marketing efforts.
- Clinicians can transition to ICD-10 with a simple approach towards compliant documentation.
- There are several advantages to ICD-10 in a clinical setting, ranging from improved patient care to greater interoperability of information.
- Relying on the CMS GEMs translations can cause problems with documentation, billing and coding due to a lack of specificity.
- It’s crucial to assess the level of preparation of vendors (EMR, physical therapy billing software, clearing house, billing staff) to avoid payment disruptions.
- Understand and mitigate the impact of ICD-10 on payer contracts
- Create an inventory of, and prepare for changes in systems and software as you transition to ICD-10
THE “TRUTH ABOUT ICD-10” PODCAST
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO “THE TRUTH ABOUT ICD-10”
On a side note, thanks everyone for the overwhelming response to “The Truth About ICD-10”.
I am truly humbled by the number of copies purchased, and received several emails asking about a podcast / video training series on ICD-10.
So here it is!
The Truth About ICD 10 – Podcast on iTunes (bookmark this link)
The Truth About ICD 10 – Podcast on Nitin360.com (bookmark this link)
MY GIFT TO YOU AS YOU PREPARE FOR ICD-10
Everyone’s worried about ICD-10. It’s the biggest challenge AND the biggest opportunity in physical therapy private practice. That’s why I’m giving away 1000 copies of my brand new book “The Truth About ICD-10 – 10 Ways to Prepare for ICD-10”.
I want to share it with you. All you pay is a $9.95 shipping and handling fee.
It’s my gift to you as we celebrate the Memorial Day holiday weekend.
This book is ideal for front desk staff, clinicians, practice owners and billing staff for all private practices throughout the country. It is a short but definitive guide to help your practice in the use of ICD-10.
Get your copy here:
My publisher has allowed me to give away 1000 copies to friends and subscribers – so this one’s for you.
Also, here is a 2 minute video on CMS which serves as an introduction to ICD-10.
Don’t worry about ICD-10 – I have you covered. I have demystified ICD-10 and made it easy to understand for every staff member in your practice. Go ahead and get your copy now.
Join us for the #1 Rated Physical Therapy Business Conference in the Country.
www.privatepracticesummit.com <——— Click here to secure your tickets before the price goes up.
October 12, 13 and 14 in Las Vegas, NV.
We only have a certain amount of tickets available at this price, so
CLICK HERE TO SECURE YOUR SEAT